While Mom, Dad and big sis were at Speech Therapy,
Rayne, Avery and I decided to check out a nature center near by. We looked around in the visitor center for a bit and then headed out on our own little nature walk. Only minutes into our journey, we came across this friendly dragon fly...I mean friendly! This little guy would have followed us home had we let him. He lingered around us...landed on my hand, and basically provided a terrific photo shoot. Unfortunately, I only had my Blackberry cam.

Look how close he let me get. He sat perfectly still and let me place the camera right next to his face...literally! Doesn't he have the coolest eyes!

Temperatures this summer in Maryland had been record breaking. At the first site of water the kids were begging to go wading. This little creek proved no exception.
Rayne and Avery found a treasure trove of jewels and precious stones that had been lying in this creek bed since the beginning of time. They were pleased with their finds. By the end of our walk, Avery had his pockets filled to overflowing. You can see two of the larger stones displayed by the two little explorers.

What kind of fish are these?
Hmm...

Ever the pampered princess,
Rayne found a moment for a spa treatment which included a full pedicure.

Here is a close-up of her lovely toe nails. I'm not sure I have ever seen a job done so well.

Avery and
Rayne concluding our walk.
3 comments:
Nekee,
I love these pictures and this post. Will you please email me these pictures. Thanks for taking Avery - he had so much fun!
ho girl! rayne you better take those of before God sees yah!lol i like that dragon fly! if you look at it the way i first did it looks like a horse fly. i don't mean horsefly but horse fly. it looks like hes got a big nose like a horse!
mckenna
did you see any wild hippos out their? maybe some bears? meow
Post a Comment