Monday, May 7, 2012

Trying Our Hand at Camping

We bought a tent.  Yay!  We decided to camp really close to home to try it out and see if we knew what we were doing.  Smart decision.  We only had to leave the campground about three times to get items "needed".  I am surprised that we were missing anything considering we brought way too much!  We looked like the Beverly Hillbillies the way our truck was packed...literally piled up and overflowing.  The only thing missing was me sitting in a rocking chair strapped to the back of the truck.

Rayne, the water girl

Lovely stream on our hike.  Rayne got in a little swim time.

Lizzie decided to join her.  See me in the reflection?

Martin wading and enjoying nature

I love these fire rings...gonna get one for my yard

Rayne popping popcorn as Mimi and Pawpaw look on
Martin's turn...he is looking so much like Sean

Our pretty tent
Maryland is loaded with beautiful camping spots.We loved camping and are looking forward to a summer of fun getaways.  Anybody want to join us?

9 comments:

meboo said...

NeKee...I have been requesting a tent for about a week now trying to convince Keith that this would be a wonderful way to vacation. I saw a two room one at Sam's that said it only took 60 seconds to put up.
And I threw in as a convincing point that we could bring air mattresses. In fact yesterday, I spent about two hours looking for a place to camp not too far away. Us sisters think so much alike. It looks like so much fun!

Jessica said...

Love the tent! You guys look like pros to me! Looks like you had a lot of privacy too.

I love camping. Sleeping outside listening to the crickets chirp and sounds of nature put me right to sleep.

wvugrads said...

Ok, seriously, the Beverly Hillbillies comment made me laugh. I can just see you up there on that rocking chair, Granny Clampett. Goodness, Lizzie was a MESS. And Pastor sitting there in dress shoes...hahahaha. He's my kind of camper. Come dressed to leave. :-) Still not convinced to give it a try...I'm just sending Julianna with you next time.

Moni-Q said...

Meboo...get a tent! Come up here...let's go camping!!!! We would have a blast.

Jessica...I am right with you. The night noises are truly comforting. I told someone...how come if we lived in the houses on the other side of the woods bordering the campground, we would be locked down tight, bolt and chain, but somehow in a tent you feel safe and cozy with nylon and a zipper? Is that how you feel?

Kelly, you crack me up. I love that "dressed to leave". I will remember it. Send Julianna with me if you think she'll stay. I would love to camp with her.

Kristi said...

NeeKee,

Looks like you found a good site without Melba's help this time. Hope you guys had lots of fun.

I love the time Byron and I bought a tent in Maryland after Katrina. When the clerk looked at my license he asked me with a very concerned look, "Your not going to live in this are you?"

I do love my tent though!

Luv
Kristi

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a great time.

Anonymous said...

Are you sure Rayne was carrying water? It looked suspiciously like sweet tea. Made me want some.

I want to go glamping!

Ginger

Jessica said...

Lol! Actually, yes, that's exactly how I feel. Not sure how it makes sense!

Jennifer said...

You know I thought about the thought too about being safe in a tent and yet lock up our homes like we are in the city of New Orleans or something...lol My guess is that we are continuing to learn to lean on Jesus even more. You see there is even a spiritual side to camping. Count me in....when is the next camping trip & can I bring a portable a/c. Oh yeah, is there giant, flying roaches in Maryland?