“Oof!” I grunted as my brother pushed me. “What did you do that for?”
“Stay quiet,” he whispered.
My brother and I were running through the woods, trying to keep up with this hunched over, long bearded grey guy. We spotted him many times in our neighborhood walking around wearing long flowing robes and making people nervous. The weird thing was that he always went into the woods at the end of the day.
“Hey, look! That guy is stopping!” my brother exclaimed. “What’s he doing?”
The man we were following stopped in front of a lake near the end of the woods. Suddenly the man screamed and let loose a string of chants. He screamed again and threw himself in the lake.
“Oh, my goodness”, I yelled as we ran down to the edge of the lake. The water was a murky red. “Is that blood?” I managed to chatter out.
“No,” my brother nervously said. Then without warning, we both lost our footing and fell into the lake.
As we fell we looked around. Things didn’t look the same down here as it did from the surface. After falling for what seemed like hours, we hit ground.
“What in the world…” I whispered as I saw a sign that read, “You are in another world…never to return to your own...”
7 comments:
Your kids are like THE best creative writers. Very impressive!! :)
"Wow! What now?" I pondered.
My brother and I were in an underwater world in which we could breath and talk, and the sign certainly didn't make things any better.
"This has to be the strangest place that I have ever been!" I said to my brother.
Suddenly my brother latched on to my arm tightly and whispered loudly into my ear--too loudly, "What are those weird looking creatures?" he said pointing behind me.
I turned in the direction that he was pointing and gasped in horror! Odd looking creatures were swimming slowly in our direction. Their murky green eyes glowed in an eerie sort of way, and their mouths were opened showing pointed, very pointed, teeth. The creatures appeared to be part man and part shark.
"Great! Just great! Now what?" I pondered once again.
As I quickly tried to decide what to do, I noticed the hunched over, long bearded grey guy, standing in the shadows, motioning for us to follow him.
My brother and I had to make a quick decision. Should we follow the man or should we wait here for the strange creatures to devour us. Of course, we chose to follow the man. The odd looking man led us into an underwater cave. The largest bats that I had ever saw hung from the cave ceiling. We crept silently so as not to disturb them. The man led us to the middle of cave to a small area in which three rocks shaped like chairs were. He asked us to be seated. After we sat on the rocks, the man proceeded to tell us his story.
"You see," he said. "This underwater world in which I live is filled with peril. Vicious looking creatures are everywhere just waiting to devour you. Every day, I must run from them. This cave is the only place I have to escape from them. Also, every day I manage to make it out of this world, but each day I am drawn back into it by some magnetic force in which I can't break away. I must find a way in which to break this force so that I never have to come back here." He continued, "When I was just a young boy, like you two, I fell into this same lake! That was fifty years ago. Now I am an old man and I must break the spell so that I can spend the remainder of my days in peace. However, the spell cannot be broken without the help of you and your brother. You see, I purposely enticed you two to follow me so that you both can help me." "Will you please help me break the spell?" he pleaded.
Being the kind hearted person that I am, I quickly agreed. My brother also agreed, although somewhat reluctantly.
"What do we need to do to break the force?" I asked.
"You must battle and conquer one of the strange creatures that are part man and part shark!" he shouted loudly.
"You've got to be kidding me!" I exclaimed.
My brother nearly passed out!
After careful thought, I told my brother, "We can do this! We can't leave this poor old long bearded grey man in misery"
After spending much time discussing our plans and tactics, and gaining the courage to battle, we went forth. I had a sharp stick and my brother had his pocket knife. It was all we had to battle with. Although, I did have a silver dollar in my pocket.
Swimming outside of the cave, my brother and I laid in wait for the strange creatures. Maybe we could sneak attack them. However, not quite knowing what to do we just waited. After several minutes, we saw the eyes first. Slowly, ever so slowly the strange creatures were swimming toward us. They knew where we were. Their teeth snarled viciously and the sound of them grinding sent shivers down my spine. Closer and closer they came. I became so nervous I dropped my stick and it floated to the bottom of the lake.
"This is NOT GOOD?" I thought.
My brother flipped open his pocket knife and prepared to attack. Not knowing what else to do, I dug into my pockets and pulled out the silver dollar. The silver dollar glinted in the water. I thought, "What good is this going to do me. I'm dead!"
I held up the silver dollar to look at it, and then I tossed it toward the strange creature hoping to startle them to give us a little more time. The first sea creature snapped the silver dollar into his huge mouth and swallowed it whole. Suddenly without warning the creature began to shake violently and swell larger and larger. Then with a great explosion the creature burst into tiny pieces. The explosion sent my brother, the old man, and me spiraling toward the top of the lake. After what seemed like hours, we were lying on the shore of the lake. The force was broken! With the help of the silver dollar, we had destroyed the strange creature and freed the old man!
The End!
PS I had to put it on two comments
Hey Mar-Mar,
Your stories are great. I have fun ending them, but please do not grade me on all of my grammar errors.
Love you Mar-Mar
The boys were scared and frightened., so they tried to swim back up and they returned to their world. The end!! This is from Karston....short and sweet.
thats long and good aunt melba. i love it.
Love martin
awesome story!!! wich do i like better, the beggining or end? i love it all!
Post a Comment